Yvonne Nelson is Ghanaian actress, model, business woman and a film producer born on November 12, 1985 in Accra. Besides a fantastic acting career filled with numerous awards, Yvonne Nelson is versatile and multi-talented. She owns a lace wigs and human hair collections called YN Hairline, a fashion shop called YN’s Closet featuring the latest designer wear from around the world and a movie production company called YN Productions.
Yvonne Nelson won the Miss Ghana 2005 Beauty Pageant. She started acting since 2005 with her first role in a TV soap opera called “Fortune Island”. Her first lead role was the title character in the movie “Princess Tyra”. Since then Yvonne Nelson has featured in over 100 movies.
She founded the Yvonne Nelson Glaucoma Foundation in 2010 to help create awareness about the disease. With support from other Ghanaian celebrities, she recorded an all-star charity single, and shot a video to help educate people. In 2013 she was honoured by GoWoman Magazine & Printex for her Glaucoma Foundation and film career.
Yvonne Nelson’s Awards
- Joy Fm Nite with the Stars Best Actress 2009.
- GMA favorite actress award 2010.
- PAMSAA Best International Actress 2012.
- Hottest Ghanaian Actress in Nollywood (City People Awards 2013)
- Best Picture for Single and Married (GMA 2012).
- Best Ghanaian Movie for Single and married (City People Awards 2013).
- She won a two-year contract as face of Maxim Cosmetics 2005
- She Signed a contract with Ghana telecommunication giant, Vodafone in 2012.
- She represented Zaron Hair and Makeup brand in the whole of West Africa in 2013.
- She was endorsed by Glo telecommunication network in 2015.
- She was nominated African Person of day on the largest African social network Mivasocial in 2016
Her total worth as of 2016 is estimated to be $1.2 Millions.